On August 31st, we had our Summer Dealer Event at EP’s new warehouse in Huizingen, Belgium. The EP Europe old facility was no longer big enough for the whole Europe team that is in constant growth, so EP EU has now finally moved to a new, bigger and EP-like facility. Covering a total of 5000 sqm, the new EP space has loading docks, offices area, testing and repairing area. Its outside aspect has also been renewed and is aligned with our EP factories in China. More than 150 people including EP Team and Dealers from all over Europe joined us for a day of a day of learning, celebrations and fun!
Let’s learn together! — EP Trainings
The day started with a short introduction of Bennit Schmieder, VP Sales and Marketing, that gave everyone an overview about how the day was structured. The attendees were divided in two groups of training: Technical Trainings and Sales Trainings.
There were four different areas for every technical training:
- Area 1—EP Care training, held by Veronique Michiels and Andreas Krause. EP Care is EP’s online tool for after sales and spare parts. It has loads of available information to download that will answer most of the most common requests and questions to solve any issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. EP Care online also includes a document centre, parts purchase and warranty claim details that prioritize getting the truck running asap.
- Area 2—Lithium-ion batteries training, held by Patrice Sylvestre. EP is market leader for Li-ion Technology. EP uses only the highest quality cells of the safest technology and strive to improve energy and power density and extend service life. In our trainings, we teach the technicians that our batteries and intervention on them are safe.
- Area 3—EFL Training, held by Robert Posa. EFL series is EP’s workhorse series of forklift. This series is a great tool that combines the advantages of IC trucks and electric trucks. It offers the driver a large operator compartment, big wheels, strong chassis, and standard components at a great price, while the Li-Ion battery and the electric motors help to reduce carbon footprint, running cost and decrease the energy cost.
- Area 15—XP15 After Sales Training, held by Dilara Caymaz and Hardy Klapproth. The XP15 is EP’s self-developed smart intra logistics solution and can be operated as an autonomous mobile robot and an electric pallet truck. It’s easy to install for a variety of applications and flexible to switch tasks via Bluetooth.
At the same time, there were also Sales Training organized throughout the day on the stage:
Bennit Schmieder gave a presentation about a Market Overview. Right after, Piero Lorenzini, EP’s Digitalization Specialist, gave everyone an introduction about EP’s latest news: the Online Webshop. This one’s a new tool for all EP Europe Dealers: it allows dealers to see live stock levels, see truck prices and place direct orders just with a click.
It was then the turn of Arjan Van Zanten, EP’s Business Development, who gave a sales training about EP’s AMR XP15.
Right after lunchtime, EP’s Product Manager, Andrea Furielli presented to the attendees EP’s New Products Update. This was a great opportunity for dealers to see for the first time the new EFL201, that has just been launched.
To close the stage with the Sales presentations, there was a Live Talk Show: EP Dealers Share Their Stories.
Alexander Brekeling from Be Green Techniek, Dirk Görtz from ForkPro Fördertechnik and Johan Daelmans from CC Heftrucks joined Bennit Schmieder and Arjan Van Zanten on the stage to share the story of their dealership with EP, discuss the market and the future of material handling industry.
During lunchtime and after all the trainings, the attendees also had the possibility to do some test-driving with the latest trucks from EP, such as:
- WPL202, heavy-duty lithium powered pedestrian pallet truck;
- KPL201, the ride-on Li-Ion pallet truck that provides great driving comfort and high performance;
- WSA161, lithium powered pedestrian stacker with load capacity of 1.6 ton;
- KSi201, ride-on double-deck stacker with 2.0 ton load capacity designed for long-distance applications;
- EFL201, EP’s latest forklift, launched on the day of the event. This 4-wheel lithium counterbalance forklift truck, with a load capacity of 2000 kg, is an addition to the iconic EFL series;
- TDL201, a three-wheel LI-ion counterbalance forklift truck with 2.0 ton capacity;
- CQD20L, EP’s lithium powered reach truck that offers precise stacking, quiet operation and high stability.
Let’s enjoy together! — EP Celebrations
At EP we like to enjoy the time together, for this reason the day was including also some good food and drinks! In this occasion we have shared for the first time with everyone the EPilsner, the EP beer realized in collaboration with the brewery Cool Cats In Town.
The drinks were paired with delicious food, and the menu of the day, offered by food trucks that were preparing the food on the spot, included burgers and fries for lunch and pizza, waffles and ice cream for dinner.
For more fun, during the day we installed a photobooth that was instantaneously printing the pictures taken so that everyone could have a nice memory of the day.
To close on a high note, a rock live band took the space on the stage to enliven the ambiance. So guests could enjoy the last part of the day while tasting some pleasant waffles!
EP Equipment – Gustave Demeurslaan 69, 1654 Huizingen, Belgium